Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Anna, this one's for you

To all our friends who check this regulary, I throw myself on your mercy. I really, really, really promise to post more regularly. And, if John ever brings our hard drive home from work, I'll even put up some pictures (backdated since the last posts).

What has been going on with us? Here's a snapshot. This morning I answered email from both Silver Wings, the college organization I advise, and the Wright-Patterson AFB Officer's Wives Club, for which I am Secretary. I made phone calls to remind people about our Game Night for Women's Ministry. John went to work, where he is trying to figure out what other job he would like to do, since his office is dwindling to two people in a month or so...thank you BRAC. His choices are something he would like to do (like teach at the local AFROTC unit) or something that would be good for his career (the more "operational" Air Force). At this point, I think he'd just be pleased to be doing some "real" work rather than sitting behind a desk.

Not that he doesn't get enough "real" work at home. We've taken out about 10 trees on our property, hence Sam's favorite thing to say on the phone, "Daddy chainsaw tree." So after a day with the boys (who are growing like weeds), we head outside after dinner to chop up firewood and put the smaller sticks on one of the stumps that we're burning out. What are we going to do with all the firewood? Good question. Our fireplace is natural gas.

And what about the boys? They're great. Daniel will be 1 this week, which blows me away. They get along great together, except that Sam will sometimes sit on or push his brother, earning him a time out or spanking. I hope he learns better quickly. Sam started a medication to stimulate his appetite about a month and a half ago. So far he's gained a pound and grown and inch. I tried to get him ready for church on Sunday and discovered the pants I had selected were now highwaters. You have no idea how pleased I am whenever the boys outgrow their clothes.

Speaking of boys, they're begging to have pretzels so I'm going to sign off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you guys! I miss you!!! What a wonderful post! I am sooo happy to hear that Sam has grown SO much! What a blessing and answer to prayer! Wow! I cannot believe that Daniel is turning a year old......I hate to be missing it. But, alas, he will keep growing whether "his Anna" is there or not. We still have no friends here...I don't know what I'm gonna do. We are at home ALL day, unless I have an errand to do. I'm sure it is not good for the boys for barely any kid interaction. Not to mention my sanity with no "mommy" interaction. Wow, it hurts worse when I write it. Anyway, this is a really great update! Much love to you all!!