So I'm posting what, once a year? Better then never, right? We're more or less settled in here in San Antonio. By more or less, I mean that all the projects that didn't get finished while we worked on the house these past few years, are now sitting around in boxes waiting for us to disposition them. Sigh.
We're both back to work, John has even already been put in charge of the change of command for his squadron at the beginning of August. Nothing like jumping in with both feet! I've been back at work for almost a month also, really enjoying the team of nurses I work with and for. They were super quick about getting my work phone and internet service set at home. One of the first improvement projects that John did on this house was getting electrical and phone run to the second master closet which is my office. Sounds terrible to work in a closet, right? Actually, it has a window, an A/C vent, and is quite spacious for my work needs. It even has a built-in hardwood closet organizer that functions very well as a bookshelf.
We've been "church shopping" ever since we got down here and (fingers crossed) I think we've finally found our church. It's called Wayside Chapel--it's a bit farther away, and a bit bigger, then I'd really like, but we're not going to let those be stumbling blocks. It's a denomination that I have no disagreements with (Evangelical Free), it has AWANA for the kids, and the people there were so nice. It reminded us a lot of our church in Ohio, Patterson Park. That's high praise.
We're finally all getting healthy and well after having strep pass around among the family--everyone but Mom and I had it. Prayer requests: That we listen to God's leading in finding a church and getting involved there. That John's stress ends as we finally finish unpacking. That John's health increases. That we finally find new bookshelves so we can get all these books out of boxes.
Love you and miss you--ya'll know who you are. Also, we're preschool shopping for Sam, and the field is pretty thin right in this area. Any advice on what to look for in a preschool that is not also functioning as a daycare for us (hint hint LeighAnn)?
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LeighAnn is going to tell you to send Sam to her mom's preschool - HERE!
Bekah's going once a week and she's excited.
P.S. I still don't have your address.
I love you and miss you, Ginger! I was able to teach both girls at home in just a little of my spare time. At that age, they soak up anything you throw at them. Bethany benefitted more from the Wal-Mart and Sam's books I did with her than she did from the preschool we sent her to. We did maybe 30 minutes a day (and missed some days) and she learned to read and write and was at the top of her kindergarten class.
Thanks SO much, Ginger, for your help with the dependent stuff. It was such a help! We've got an appointment next week with the finance office and hopefully we can get my birth certificate in the mail before then.
Hey!!! Long time, no see, Ms. Once a year blogger! :-) So, you all moved to S.A.?? That's where all of Shaun's family is. Hope you are adjusting well. We'd love for you all to visit anytime...we are an hour from disney...and we have plenty of space for you to stay with us...if you ever wanted to. I agree with the pre-school recommendations. Ephram learned much more at home than he did in school last year. I know that God will lead you in all these areas! Blessings to you and yours!
Post a Comment