Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Healthy weight manifesto

They say that stating your intention makes it more likely to happen. So, here goes:

I intend to lose 30 lbs (and keep it off by cultivating healthy habits) by 1 January 2010.

-I intend to post this intention on our Blog site so I'm not the only one who knows about it
-I intend to take a daily weight and send it to my friend Anna for accountability
-I intend to keep a journal of my daily food intake and send it to Anna for accountability
-I intend to drink a full glass of water before snacking to see if I'm really hungry
-I intend to do activity for 10 minutes before snacking to make sure I'm not just bored
-I intend to not cut out any foods from my diet, including sweets, but to make reasonable choices--making this sustainable
-I intend to record daily exercises and send it to Anna for accountability
-I intend to without-stopping exercise at least 30 minutes 5 days a week
-I intend to seek out other activities to do--weight lifting while on the phone, "stair-stepping" on the bottom step, cleaning vigorously--that I can incorporate into my daily life
-I intend to need a whole new wardrobe for Christmas this year

No comments: